This is the first ward in our married history that put together a Father and Son Campout. It was awesome! We live in Parker. The campout took place near Look Out Mountain. That means that Avry and I hung out at Gramma Amy's house for the weekend while the boys went to play b/c it was only 20 minutes from the house. It really worked out. Trev took Carter and Jordan Friday night and stayed til 10pm. Came back to the house, slept for a few hours. (Carter has to have his genotropin every night. Mandatory. And we don't have camping equip.) Left early, early Saturday with Jordan, Kent -Jordan's dad, Brian and Carter. They smelled sooo BAD! But i guess it was fantastic. Carter really seems to have grown up a lot in the past few weeks.
Favorite phrase of his: "Here's the deal, mom."
"How about we do it like this..."
What a negotiator.
I digress.
So trev told me stories of the camping fun:
There was the Swing of Terror. A swing set posted right at the end of a cliff so when you got going high it looked like you were falling off the cliff. Carter loved it.
Another was the Slide of Death. Only lets you go Warp Speed. Carter hung on with his tongue, toes, nose goobers, and hands and still went Warp Speed. But i guess he kept coming back for more.
A couple of dogs completely plowed my kid- someone throw a ball for the dogs to catch/fetch. Except they have bad aim and threw the ball right in Carter's direction. The dogs, not seeing anything but the ball, run straight for and then thru carter. Trev says he flew like 10 feet! No bruising though. Just a wounded ego. phew.
Did i mention they smelled bad? Wow. It was bad.
What did the girls do you ask? Lucky for me, Avry was cutting a tooth so she did a lot of sleeping. I watched a lot of HGTV, ate Red Tamales (the candy) and Dr. Pepper. What a day.
2 comments:
Allan just went on our wards father sons campout last weekend...hows that work you ask? Well we live four doors away from our four nephews. Lots of fun. Unfortunately not a break for me though. I drove down to Utah to see Shaunna Sanders though and that was fun.
Hey, I know Look Out Mountain. That's where all the reckless teens go to get drunk and risk their lives! I'm glad to know it has some more wholesome uses, too. ;)
Seriously, though, it looks like a blast! I love it. So much fun!
Post a Comment