
Carter has begged and badgered us now for several weeks about when we're gonna put a Christmas tree up. Honestly, we weren't going to have one. We were just going to put up our famous paper tree right on the wall like the last 4 years. He wouldn't have it. What could we do?
Amy graciously gave up one of her trees to Carter's cause. He was thrilled. She gave this to us weeks ago, so Carter badgered us again until we put it up (today). And now, decorating the tree is my mission. I've taken it upon myself to create cute little origami crane's to put on the tree. Why you ask? a). b/c i saw it at potterybarn and thought it was cute and b). it's free.
How free is the question, though. In the last 3 hours, i've only managed to make 6 cranes. Granted, i've been reading blogs and playing referee to 2 squirts for the better half of it, but still! And! You should see my fingers! Well, one finger is more like it. It's the "creasing" finger. Truthfully, it was little managled to begin with, but now i've having difficulty typing with it. See picture above. Birds are above too. Soon i'll post the finished tree.
4 comments:
oooohhhhh....I like the crane idea! Can't wait to see the finished product (if your fingers survive :)
Creative with the crane idea. We are too traditional and put up the regular ornaments. We had our tree up the Friday after Thanksgiving. Thanks on the comment of our new family pic, however it will not be the one on the Christmas card. :)OH, just a side note my cards are being delivered to me this week! I ordered them on friday! How great is that?!
I love the crane idea! One year we had what I lovingly refer to as our 'Charlie Brown' Christmas tree. The tree was lopsided so we wired an extra branch into it. We didn't have ornaments at the time so I got some poster board, glue and glitter and fashioned enough bells, stars, gingerbread men, etc. to decorate the tree. It is probably one of my favorite Christmas tree memories! And even today 95% of my ornaments are handmade (mostly by me)! I can't wait to see the finished tree. I bet you (and Carter) will love it!
Colleen,
You're Charlie Brown tree sounds AWESOME! I'm glad there are others out there doing random things like me.
Post a Comment