Friday, September 11

The Dress


I had a gift certificate to one specific store, so i thought i'd finally take Carter back-to-school shopping. He's a boy though, how much could i really get for him? Besides the fact that he just doesn't grow. So after collecting 5 shirts (he didn't need pants/shorts) and a hat, i still had a TON of money left over. The sales were good, so i turned to Avry and told her she could pick out a couple of dresses. The first was a church dress. Super cute: green, blue, no ruffles, kinda Mexican looking -exactly MY style. hahah. The 2nd dress? After looking over a few things, she comes back with this pink polka dot dress made of Jersey knit. I was not lovin' it. In an attempt to persuade her to pick something else, i show her every other dress in the store (even the ones NOT on sale.) Nothing would sway her. Ugh. Fine. "I'll just keep the tags on it and return it when she's not lookin."


Yeah right. She torn into those tags and put the dress on as soon as we got home. And you know what? She actually looks cute in it. Hm. I hate to admit it, but i think the girl has style. I guess i'll trust her more often? Does it really have to be all pink though? Honestly.

7 comments:

kylee said...

All pink. Of course it does Meesa! She's going to be all girl, you know that right? That's how it always happends. It's like they sense that their mommies don't like all the girly girl things so it attracts them even more :)

The Reillys said...

So, ya still shootin for the 27th was it? I'm pullin for ya!

Tami Allred said...

Good for her!!! and you're such a good mom to let her keep it.
Ok I'm seeing Sugar boy in her sweet face. I never noticed that before. Do you have baby pics of him?

Unknown said...

Hey,I don't know if your still interested in skin or not but have you heard of Dr. Oz? He's on Oprah a lot anyway his new book is called "YOU Being Beautiful" and it has a whole chapter on skin care! First it explains how you age.He tells you things you can eat in your diet and then tells you all the ingredients(there's not a lot) in beauty products that actually work. Explains in depth exactly how they work and even tells you the concentration they have to be in order to be effective. It's all the information I've been trying to figure out for years bundled into one little chapter and from a reliable source not being paid by any cosmetic company. You must read it!

B. Surfer said...

Tami, I never thought to look for Sugar Boy Baby pictures! I'll go fishin' right away.

Angela, Where is this 'Chapter' from Dr. OZ? is it on Oprah's website?

L said...

No way! crazy! How has life been? where are you at these days? I'm not really sure how to catch up on... like 8 years in this little box, but I can sure try :) yes I have twin girls and a crazy boy... I guess living with Jalyn and helping with the triplets was just a practice run for me. who knew!

Your family looks super cute, I hope you are doing well! I'll keep your blog at my fingertips to see you from time to time... If you don't mind :)

Lata! (for now)

ShelBailey said...

That kid is so stinkin' cute, (just like her mom)...she could wear a paper bag and still be adorable.

That's my totally unbiased opinion and I'm sticking to it!