The story of Keely...
This is the first deliver i've had without having to go thru labor pains. Fantastic! I had a hot air mattress placed underneath me, the anesthesiologist had gifted fingers (the spinal took almost instantly), the nurses weren't rushed or pressured to do anything quickly so they were super accomodating with my blood pressure machine, neck pain, arm ties (or lack there of), etc. We were wheeled into the O.R. around 3:40pm and Keely was born 4:01pm. It doesn't get much better than that folks.
The recovery wasn't too terrible either. My doctor tried this new drug called an ON Q pump which is put into the incision and constantly drips topical anesthetic into the wound for 48 hours. Seriously, made all the difference. AND this time i wasn't trying to arrange furniture in the hospital room. :-)
Trev's mom came and helped the first week, and then the Sugar Mamas came for week 2. I didn't go upstairs until the Friday that they left, nor did i lift a finger to do anything else. This time around i learned my lesson - leave everything to those more able than me. Now it's been just over 2 weeks and i'm feeling great. Minus my joints trying to realign themselves, i think i'm pretty much fully recovered.
The kids LOVE LOVE LOVE Keely. In fact, we had to implement the rule, "No touching or playing with Keely unless her eyes are open". The poor thing wasn't getting a second of rest. Even in bed! They follow her where ever she goes just to "check on her". It's cute, but already getting kind of old. Oh well. At least there is no eye gouging. haha.



19 comments:
Thanks for sharing I was wondering how it all went down. I still can't believe you were carrying a 8 pound baby in that little body of yours. It's amazing what the body can do. You looked great just before delivering her by the way.
Congrats! That's awesome! Good luck with 3, I've heard that's the hardest transition of all. :) You'll have to let me know how it is.
Congrats! She is beautiful. That is a very fast.
Hello belly! One hot pregnant mama. And Keely's beautiful too. Glad everything went well and can't wait for more pics!
So cute! I was thinking about calling you again the other day, but didn't want to bug ya! I'm glad you're feeling so awesome!!
hey you need to update my blog address to mdsovereign. I deleted my old one. you were all belly at the end. We will try to make a trip to see you guys soon.
Hooray she is here. Love the name. Give yourself a hug and new baby Keek a snuggle for me. I can so relate to the whole joints thing. Love you guys
Congrats! She is beautiful!
I can't agree more with your friend Shaunna, it's a wonder that your tiny body held a 8 pound baby. You are lucky that you are so cute prego, I mean isn't everyone's dream to have a big belly and be small everywhere else? I know I hope that I have to same good fortune one day. I am so excited to meet Keely, she is so precious, definitely one of the prettiest babies I have ever seen.
Meesa she is adorable!! I want a little girl so bad! We will be having baby number 3 the first week of April. I hope sooner then that. We will know the gender next month. I am nervous! Your family is beautiful!! The kiddos are so big and cute! Congrats again and I hope that you are feeling better. By the way I love the name Keely.
Congrats! She's beautiful! I'm so glad everything went well!
Well, well, well, so that's what you've been up to lately - delivering such a doll. I'm glad everything went well. Enjoy and thanks for sharing. love you
Wow, the labor sounds great! And it should be after packing her around for 9 months! If only every labor story was like that one... I'm so glad it went so well and you had some help. I love her name. GOod luck with your new little addition!
congrats meesa she so cut and precious
After reading your delivery story I wanted to respond "I hate you" but after reading some of the other comments I decided I should stick to Congrats, She's Beautiful, You Look Great, which are all true but I'm still having a hard time not being totally green with envy that you got that baby out of you with little to no pain! If only we could all be so lucky! Maybe third times the charm.
So it sounds like life has been pretty easy lately. Have you been keeping up with the race? I still have a couple episodes recorded that I need to watch. Have you picked a team?
By the way I'm over hating you already and I am very happy for you guys!!!
Miss you,
Holly
We will be there for Thanksgiving (getting in Monday, coming home Saturday). You have my vote for a Johnson/Riggs Thanksgiving. Are Becki and Adam going out?
I put a bug in Colleen's ear about it. It might not work on Thanksgiving Day because of the Broncos game, but maybe a soup day the day after. We've done that before with the Johnsons, but I don't think you lived there at the time.
Congratulations you guys! I went into labor with #3 while lying in the hospital waiting to be induced. Good thing 'cause she popped out after only 1 hour. Franco barely made it!
Hey Meesa, I'll take the "hit by a bus feeling over this mom's day anytime. http://mlruiz.blogspot.com/2009/10/this-is-it.html
Post a Comment