Tuesday, July 13

Summer

A few days ago i was fed up with the kids playing computer, watching TV, video gaming - so i sent them outside and ... yup, locked the door. I kept a window open so if they THOUGHT they needed to come inside they had to state their business and i would decide if it was indoor worthy. (i'm not completely cruel.)
As the afternoon faded i heard fewer and fewer noised from the backyard. Hm, something fishy is going on here. Then i see nothing. Even fishier. Out i go to investigate. I find the back gate open. Oh no. But then! I find both kids out in front playing with a new little friend!


AWESOME~! And he lives right across the street! Plus he has a bike! And he's 5!!! Cute, cute little guy. Carter loves him. Avry thinks she can tag along ... so now. Well, now i have a quiet, clean, empty house. ::Sigh:: Perfect.


Neighbor friend, you can come play everyday.

4 comments:

Michael and Marie said...

that's so funny that you locked your kids out of the house! way to go mom! i'll have to remember this trick!

cambersue said...

i love it. all i have to say is i wish i had a back yard to lock my kids out of the house with!....but then again, i guess i don't NEED a backyard. hmmm

Danica said...

Hey! I'm not sure if the email address I have for you is still right. I was going to see if you wanted to meet up at Cafe Rio (on Colorado Blvd. close to Cherry Creek Mall just south of the zoo) tomorrow for lunch around 11:30am? I'd love to meet up with you, girl! Email me at danicanelson1 at gmail dot com!

Julie Rowse said...

I'm excited for the day when Mason is old enough to do that!!