Monday, October 4

Airplane


Leaving on vacation isn't really a vacation...i really FEEEL the line on Modern Family:


"Phil, i'm a mom on vacation with her kids... this isn't pleasure, this is business."


All hands on deck. Ready all your resources. Put your game face on. Psychological warfare at it's finest.


It totally helps to have a wingman.buddy.spouse. AnyonE. to relieve you of duties every 15 minutes or so... Otherwise, you're the crazy lady we make fun of coming off the airplane with crazy hair and a glazed over expression. You know what i'm talking about.


I find it's important to look your best and to not be afraid to be assertive. Remember, this is psychological warfare not logical. All you Psych majors out there know that a good lookin person is much more likely to get sympathy and/or assistance in ANY situation. It helps if you're kids are looking good too. Trust me. It's weird, i know, but TRUST me.


With that being said, here's a nice calm picture of the group as i'm being 'relieved' momentarily of duty. Doesn't he make it look easy? Sheesh.

4 comments:

Naomi said...

And don't the dads always seem to comment as they give a happy baby back to you, "I don't see why you think this is so hard..."

.....

*SMACK*

And it's true, the cuter the kids look, the more stuff/help you get.

Jenny said...

I am always conflicted between making them all cute or having them all match in the same shirt (typically a neon summer reading program shirt) so I can keep track of them in the airport better.

I have started prefacing the word vacation with FAMILY vacation so people know exactly what we're talking about.

:)

Shaunna said...

I think it was the flight that Ian threw up all over me that John officially took over the youngest child on all future flights. I have the say flying has been a breeze the past two years for me since that happened. Though I will say I do feel a little guilty when we get off the plane and I see the look of exhaustion on Johns face. Gotta love VACATIONS!

Tami Allred said...

Love that show "Modern Family" Glad you remembered Claires line. Happy you had a great trip.