Thursday, November 1

Happy Halloween!

We did it! We carved a pumpkin without the help of our Skilled Carver. After having waited until the very last day, we just took the plunge. It was hard work. I had the fan going and my fingers are super sore today. Sheesh, who knew? It's not great, but the kids sure did love it. Now i just need to find recipes for those pumpkin seeds.

Happy Halloween from Florida! You only wish you were wearing shorts!

3 comments:

Julie Rowse said...

Yes, I do wish I was wearing shorts instead freezing to death in Minnesota. Oh, and here's a great pumpkin seed recipe:

Sweet & Salty
2 c. dried pumpkin seeds (dry in 300 degree oven for 30 min.)
2 T. melted butter
3 T. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt (you could use more)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Toss together and roast at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

B. Surfer said...

WOW! Awesome thanks!

cambersue said...

ugh...it's true. But, soon we'll be there wearing shorts too!