This morning Carter and i went shopping to get him some much needed clothes. The poor kid grew so quick that he barely has enough clothes to last him the week (and i refuse to do laundry more than once a week). Luckily for us there was a major sale because of Easter, but even still... when i got the register, well, you get the idea. Thanks to Christmas money (thanks Daddy!) i asked the lady at the register if she wouldn't mind using the gift card first and then i'd pay the remainding balance. Store policy says that the gift card has to carry the full amount or the computer can't process it. I was a little daunted - before leaving the house i checked the balance: $6.59. The purchase total definitely exceeded the balance... but she said she'd try it anyway.
SURPRISE! Not only did it go thru but it paid for the whole thing. Yikes! I asked her to double check. No way could that be right. She insisted that it was and bid me good day. Wow. The story isn't over though. We then went to Target. At checkout, i pulled out the same gift card - couldn't hurt, right? She asked how much she should ring it up for - i said $6.00. It worked!
Guess how much was left? .... $0.59.
3 comments:
That's the best kind of magic!
Am I not a blood?
Hey, so i really feel like I need to make up the past 2 1/2 weeks in posts so...get ready!
Post a Comment