Second, has anyone found a happy medium with taking care/not neglecting your kids and being able to absorb the same number of books that your comfort level needs? I'm not expecting to read 5 books a week or anything, but at least 2 would be nice. (i know, i'm a total nerd. Lets move past that). So you book worms out there, any suggestions?
Third, i recently discovered Michael Buble - i think he's awesome. I've told my Gramma and my Sugar Mama about him. Anyone else who hasn't heard of him, should. He's got such a soothing sound. Really calms your nerves at the end of a hard day of reading and neglecting your kids. :: insert HUGE grin::
10 comments:
I've been able to read at least 2 books a week and work full. So i think that you can. Oh I have a new series of books for you to read. The author is Libba Bray and the first book to read is A Great and Terrible Beauty. I finished that book in a day and a half, granted it was the weekend when I read it. My allergies were really acting up so i decided to do nothing and read. I'm now reading the second book Rebel Angels. You will like these books. There is a 3rd called A Sweet Far Thing.
Michael Buble is AWESOME, and if you think he's good on a CD, you should see him in concert!! BTW.. if you need a quick Michael fix and the CD's you own aren't doing it for ya, I believe I own everything he's ever done and I have it all ripped onto my lovely ipod.. so I could send some of it on over. ;-) - Kathryne
Book??? What's a book??? I've read one novel in the last couple of months. I barely have time to do scripture reading and feel guilty reading anything else until that's done. Oh, and we read books as a family...couple of chapters after dinner. We read all of the Narnia books, the Lord of the Rings, and Inkheart that way and now we're reading the Spiderwick Chronicles.
As for typing, I got an 86. So, Miss Competitive...top that! :0)
To Kathryne:
Send some Buble over my way PLeaSe! Who knew one day we would like the same stuff? Bring your sweet ipod when you come in May.
86? Blah-I think you made that up. double Blah
Wow, that typing test was super fun. And lately the only time I've found to read (since I've been editing stinking pictures in all my free time) has been while riding our elliptical machine we got a great deal on from craigslist. working out while reading? i'm there. and let me know if you like the Libba Bray books. i read the first one and thought it was okay...haven't read the others yet.
yep...nerd.
I'll DEFINITELY bring my ipod.. filled with Buble.. and, now, the Wicked Soundtrack :-)
This is more for Shel than you, but I just did the little typing test.. 91 words per minute baby (with 100% accuracy)!! I'd like to see anyone top that! :-)
OK.. I'm done bragging now.. I was just so terribly proud of myself...
Check out "Nelson" in my blog - she'll put you in your place - 96 with 100% accuracy. I know, right?
Post a Comment