Saturday, April 19

For Becki

A few days ago Trev was re-reading to me the First Presidency message. This particular line stood out:

"...I use crystal glasses every day. I’ll wear new clothes to go to the supermarket if I feel like it. The words ‘someday’ and ‘one day’ are fading from my vocabulary..."

Yeah! Why should i wear my grundgey mommy clothes everyday just because i'm at the park? No reason i should shun away from my good shirts because i have to chase after my kids. And why should i feel ugly just because i stay at home on a Saturday night? So i'm taking President Monson's story to heart. I'm not wasting my days with 'somedays'. I'm playing with my kids... even in my nice clothes. Making cuisine meals at lunch (well, the ones that turn out). Why can't Carter have pie for breakfast? Life has been more enjoyable.

Here's what i did tonight:

And i liked it.

A lot.

3 comments:

kylee said...

You are too funny! I agree with you though!...If only I had some cute maternity clothes that I didn't feel like a frumpy pregnant mommy in! (I mean honestly, who feels fabulous in clothes when they are big and pregnant?!) Oh well, in due time I guess right!!? But you do look great!!

Becki said...

Oh I love it, and I looooove your shoes.

Unknown said...

Nice outfit! I totally agree. I think that I have an advantage being a working mom, b/c i get to wear nice clothes all week. But I even dress up on saturdays, even early morning gorcery shopping, i'm the best one dressed in the store. :)