
We wait in line at 5:30pm, anxiously anticipating our entrance into the lottery. A man in glasses hops outside, sets up his booth and then calls for the line to start to his right. Once it's our turn to enter names, trev and i both take a ticket and a stamp. Fifty other people do the same thing. We're sweatin' bullets by now.
Luckily we have a trick up our sleeve- here he comes! Bob and his wife put their names into the bucket for us. Phew - two extra people pulling for our team. At 6pm exactly, the old man starts calling names. Tension is thick in the air. Who will he call first? Will he call our names? Will we be able to go tonight? Keeping our fingers crossed, while holding our breathes, the first name is called... who is it? Bob's Wife!!! She's on our team - we're IN! Just in case, we wait to see if amongst the other 10 names any of the rest of us are called - no luck. That's ok, because we're IN!
Where are we in? Two $25 tickets to WICKED! That's right. And we're not talkin' nose bleed. Just look at the picture. Only one other row in front of us - seats Orchestra E6 and E8. Yeah, we chatted up with the guitarist in the pit. The drummer waved to me. We were so close, i could see spit flying out of the actor's mouths. I could see them off stage in the wings wiping sweat off or adjusting costumes. A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!
Opportunity of a lifetime. Thanks Bob! Thanks Ty for watching the kids. Once again - AWE SOME.
5 comments:
oh fun!! i saw this with a friend in philly and we WERE in the nosebleeds. that's awesome.
No fair! How come everyone is going to wicked but me!!
Yep, I have to agree with chris and jeni...no fair. I wanted to go so bad, too bad our stinking tire had to blow and I spent the rest of the night pouting and moping around. Oh well, I gues there's always next year right?...just say yes:)
I'm am SO incredibly jealous!! Was it not a terribly amazing show? We saw it last month in LA, but we definitely did not have amazing seats, nor did we only pay $25!! - Kathryne
Mees!!! How the heck are you? You are adorable and I am loving the family pictures. Come back to me!! I bet we could sneak up to Chipman and have some scooter races if you want :)
Post a Comment