Tuesday, July 8

Day in the Johnson world...

Do the hair thing:
(Yes! Avry finally graduated to piggies and bows! She's soo cute. They only last til about noon, but i'll take what i can get. She's not even 2 yet - these must be Trev's genes kickin' in)


Hiking in the morning.

(We just discovered Castle Rock Park - 25 minutes from our house (right trev?). We still haven't made it all the way up to the top, but it's our goal. Don't be deceived; Lookout Mountain is still our favorite place to hike. )








Basic cooking skills 101 (aka: making muffins)
(Poor Carter is soooo bored during the day that he invents stuff for us to do. When we go grocery shopping he makes sure we get muffin mixes so we can 'cook' together. Avry does whatever Carter does. And all we do is eat the batter. hahha Best part in my mind.)





Life is hard; we take naps:
(I woke up from a nap very curious to see what Carter was up to. I couldn't find him anywhere. As i stood contemplating other places he could have gone i heard snoring coming from underneath the table. Ah haH! There's no telling how long he was located there.)


3 comments:

Rural Dee said...

I like to see the random daily things of life . . . sometimes those are the best posts of all. :)

To answer the question you left on my post, here are some things to hit in Denver that I can think of:

1. My dad always liked to hike Mt. Falcon.
2. Red Rocks. You'll love it.
3. Check out the Denver Children's Museum. If I lived in Denver, I would definitely get a season pass to this place, especially for when winter time rolls around.
4. Downtown Aquarium is cute and fun, you can pet some sting rays and stuff. But it might be too expensive until Trevor is working a little longer. :)
5. Denver Botanic Gardens, the zoo, and the Museum of Nature and Science are all within a block from each other.
6. On the way to Red Rocks, there's a place where you can view real dinosaur fossils. It's just off the side of the road. I wish I could remember what it's called, but we went there on field trips in elementary school. Something worth checking out if you're already in the area.
7. When Jeff's sister lived there they went to a place called "Monkey Business." I've never been and don't know where it is, but her kids were in love with it. I think it's like an inside obstacle arena type of thing.
8. The Denver Center for the Performing Arts was my favorite place to go of all. You could check and see what shows they have for kids. There's always something going on for the little tykes.

Hope that helps for now! Don't hesitate to ask me more questions. This is fun!

Becki said...

Did I ever tell you that at Christmas I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and tripped over Carter sleeping in the middle of the hallway?

cambersue said...

love avry's apron! you'll have to let me know where to get such a cute one!