Saturday, December 20

I think i was here...

I was sitting at the table reading a book...
Let me just say, i am perfectly aware of my surroundings at all times when reading a book. I know what each kid is doing, what room they are in, if they are dressed, and at times i have been known to not even look up and still ask them to stop whatever naughty thing they happen to be doing. (which thankfully isn't very often)
But this Avry. She's a tricky one. I thought she was upstairs putting her "baby" to bed. I promise i saw her walk up the stairs. She was there the whole time. Right? Well, Carter starts yelling for me to look at Avry b/c her eyes look funny. At first i was slightly alarmed. As some of you know, this past week i have had severe pink eye. I thought, "Oh no! Avry got it! MAN!" So i jump up, ask Avry to come where i can see her. What do i find?
She was so PROUD! She batted her eyelashes and flashed me her cheesey grin.
I'm torn. I want to punish her for touching my makeup: to never go through my drawers again. And from wanting her to like makeup and be excited to wear it. Let's face it, she sure looks cute doing it.
So i chose both. No touching my stuff without me being there. And then we fixed her makeup to look the way it's suppose to. I carefully explained she put it in the right spot, but that she used too much. A little goes a long way. Think i got thru to her? Well, here's what she looks like now:Can you see the subtle mascara on her eyelashes? I tried to get a picture with her eyelids down so you could really see it, but no such luck.
Still, i think i'll keep her. She's too mischievous to hand over to someone else.

10 comments:

Mierzejewski said...

She is so cute with her makeup on!! By the way she looks so much like you!! Funny Story

Tami Allred said...

ahhhhhh the joys of motherhood. The dilemma - anger vs laughter. Glad you took the high road and taught her the fine art of applying make up which I personally find humorous. I love the picture, you were so quick with the camera, good thinking.

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!! I can't stop laughing. She is a mischievious one. She looks cute.

cambersue said...

so cute! that avry she gets ahead of you sometimes...and she knows just when to go for the gold! hey how do you get your list of blogs to display who's updated their blogs? hope you get a good break!

cambersue said...

oh, and how did your song go? i sang yesterday too...
hope it was a good experience:)

ShelBailey said...

Geez, I know I've said it a hundred times, but she sure looks like little Meesa...

Sounds like she got Meesa's mischievious streak, too.

Kyla said...

Hey guys!
Just wondering if you could email me your address for a Christmas card?
snappydandy@gmail.com
Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Nisha said...

That's so hilarious! Did she use eyeliner or mascara? Sophie's always begging me to let her use my makeup. I try to tell her she's pretty without it. I guess she knows how much a difference it makes for mommy. I now leave my makeup in the basement bathroom where she can't get to it and only put it on when she's not around.

B. Surfer said...

It was mascara - waterproof. Ugh.

Rural Dee said...

Oh, that was a good one. Thank you for sharing. I am really excited to have a girl now!