I've been debating inside my head for years now whether it's time to splurge on night cream or eye cream. For about 5 years i've been diligently applying vaseline to my eyeline every night before bed in hopes that my efforts will pay off in 20 years. As vain as it is to admit, i want to age well. I know it's possible, i've seen the well aged before. But it seems there are but few of them. There must be a secret that the rest of us aren't understanding or applying. Personally, i think it's the face care that is making a difference. This is only speculation. Unless someone out there has a better theory that i need to be applying, i guess my question to the blogging world is this...


15 comments:
Neither! I believe there are ingredients in both those products that should never touch the body. I've been using eye cream and night cream for about 5 years now. I'm a bit of a skin care snob, because I too don't want to age...EVER! Haha! You might consider me a bit extreme. Ask me what ingredients to stay away from...only if you REALLY want to know :)
What ingredients should i stay away from? I wanna be a skin care snob too. hahha
I want to know too! Share! (I also am obsessed with sunscreen and moisturizers for the same reason.)
H20 and good genes. why waste the moola?
i have no idea, but let us know what you find out!
I'm not much for advice on this, but I splurge in hopes that it will pay off. Maybe I should look into this more too. Very good question Meesa!
I'm with you too. I want to look good when I'm old. But honestly, who doesn't? Anyone who says they don't want to look good is lying in my opinion! Let me know what you find out! I am very curious to know what ingredients to stay away from. Yay for skin care snobs :) hehehe
Splurge, I think it's crucial to moisturize, I think genes have a lot to do with it, but saying that is just genes is like saying that those who are fat have to be that way, it we all know that's not true :) So do your research find the best cream out there and use it. Dude I totally want to know about these harmful ingredients, so when you hear about them let me know.
If you want to be a minimalist, I would go with 2 Liters of water a day and a sunscreen. if you want to be a snob (haha!), the top two ingredients to stay away from are mineral oil and petrolatum. They are derivatives of petroleum oil. The same stuff you put in your car. To the body - they mimic estrogen (called xenoestrogens). Remember hearing you shouldn't microwave plastics? It's for the same reason. It may seem like a little bit won't matter, but imagine lathering yourself in mineral oil and living in a toxic environment filled with xenoestrogens for your entire life. That's how we get cancer! Parabens (preservatives) also act as xenoestrogens, so if you can find a self-preserving skin care (the only one I know of is Sense by USANA), then go with that! Their day cream has SPF in it. If you want to go beyond lots of water, sunscreen, and safe skin care, add lots of essential fatty acids to your diet or take a supplement (I take BiOmega, also a USANA product and great for my baby's brain development!). I hope I don't sound over the top. It's a topic I've been interested in and done a lot of research on over the years.
I totally think it's worth it. But my drug store brand is neutrogena I have found they use more honest and proven ingredients since I've pretty much bought(or wrote down in the store) all the drug store brands ingredients then researched them.You can trust any nuetrogena claim. The other brands not always. oh, and the best eye cream is clinique repairwear I noticed some lines on my eyes when I was 23 I've been using it ever since and they have disappeared and never come back!
What does USANA stand for? I hope I'm not the only one that doesn't know :)
Isn't USANA a brand? Like Olay or something, right?
So can you buy it at your local drug store or do you have to get it some place special?
I was trying to figure out if you can buy it at a regular store. So far all i found was an online ordering system. just google "Usana" and their webpage will come up.
Ouch. Just checked it out on google. Beauty comes at a high cost don't you think? Guess I'm going to have to start saving my pennies!
Thanks for the info Meesa!
Post a Comment