Friday, April 30

The Kids

I feel like it's been a while since i last talked about any of the kids and their achievements. Maybe you care, maybe you don't.
Carter is just about done with Kindergarten and driving us all crazy with his need to constantly be doing something. And by something he means V-tech, or TV, or computer. He now knows how to read and write and do simple math like a champ. We've come a long way with penmanship - hahaha, really though, i have low expecations. He'll just type everything, right? Since the weather has warmed up a little bit, Trev and Carter have been golfing a lot more. Carter got some clubs his own size so he won't mess up Trev's and now they go just about any chance they get. It's cute. Carter got "golfing clothes" and everything.
Avry is a menace. No, no - instigater is a better word. No matter who she's with or what is happening you can bet that Avry is behind it. It's not so bad during the day. In fact, during the day i think it's hilarious the way she plows thru Carter, or makes Keely cry on cue. It's at night where i don't like it. She should have her own room, but i refuse to give in to that. I tried her with Keely for a while - woke the baby and keep both of them up til about 10pm (bedtime around here is 6:30). Then i tried her with Carter. Caught her a couple of times laying on top of him and "bouncing". Poor carter just takes it like a gentleman. So now we do staggered bedtime. One night she asked what Carter is doing while she has to go to bed. I told her he reads to me. "Mom. i know how to read. I can read to you at night too you know." For the record, she doesn't know how to read.
7th month old Keely is...? I want to say sweet, but since when are any of my kids sweet? hahah - she demands things to be done a certain way and she excepts those demands to be obeyed. For instance, don't pick her up and expect to be able to put her down after a quick squeeze. Oh no, you pick up her and she's yours for the duration (that means, until she's done with you) or she'll scream a cry as if you put an ax thru her. When she is on the ground she's pretty efficient. There's no crawling yet, but she manages to get around with a scoot using her forehead and knees. And when she wants to turn the other direction she bends one knee and lifts everything else except a hand and then pivots her entire body on that knee. It's incredible to watch. She still can't sit unassisted yet. But it's pretty close. She continues to be scrawny. At her 6 month appointment she was in the 11% for weight and 45% for height.

This picture of the kids cracks me up. I put it at the foot of the stairs, so now i just laugh everytime i go up or down.

11 comments:

Jamie said...

I love the pics! And I can totally see their personalities, just the way they smile!

Lawson Family said...

I'm glad you posted-I was starting to wonder about you...It's been too long. Those are some cute pics!

kylee said...

Meesa, is that pink that both of your girls are wearing?! I'm shocked! You've come a long way!! ;)

Stephanie Black said...

Cute pictures, and cute update! You are a great writer! I'm thinking Mackenzie is like Avry...the instigator behind everything going on.

Nisha said...

These pics are way too cute! I love Avry's face in that last one.

ShelBailey said...

So, are you guys gonna bring those cute kids out to see me this fall?

The "instigator" sounds like someone else I know...hmmmm..who could it be???

ShelBailey said...

OH. And when you come, if the boys can bring their golfclubs, they can go golfing with Sam at Pebble Beach Jr. (Pebble Beach is $450/person...Pacific Grove Municipal was designed by the same guy, looks over the ocean like PB, and actually looks remarkably like PB and costs like $35)

Julie Rowse said...

Avry's smile is just so mischievous. Love it.

Nate and Kristen said...

Such a cute little family! Avry looks so much like you!!

cambersue said...

Love the pictures...Sweet carter is still, Sweet Carter. Avry just looks like she's cooking something up in her head, and Keely...is probably learning from the best how to manipulate you!

MyFavoriteThings said...

Chloe and Avery would make quite the team I think. That picture is awesome.