Friday, March 4

Need Advice...
























I have this office. it has a great bay window that my desk faces. But the desk floats in the middle of the room. Right next to the main desk is a smaller one that backs up to the wall. In between the two is a reading lamp.


We also have a couch and a printer propped up on a folding table.

HELP! I can't stand the look of the place. I die a little inside every time i see it, but i'm all out of ideas. I recovered the pillows on the couch in hopes of adding some color. I thought of adding curtains to the french doors, but i think it might block acess to the drawers on the smaller desk.

We need a place for magazines. taking notes. sewing. books.

Anyone have any ideas? Please?

5 comments:

Lawson Family said...

Hey-I think I'd have to actually be in the space to really get it and move things around mentally of physically if need be! Sorry-my comments not much help!

Deirdre Eagar said...

It is hard to tell without being there. But try moving the couch in front of your desk so it looks out the window too, move your desk back to make it fit. Then move the smaller desk to where the couch was. Try putting the printer in one of the drawers or even underneath where your feet go {it could make a good foot rest:} Sometimes it helps to put it on paper. Use graph paper and draw out the room to scale and then cut out seperate desks and couch to move around.... good luck!

Amy said...

I think part of the problem is that it is lacking personality. Try adding some awesome wall art, a pretty desk lamp, more bright colors, things that say "Meesa was here!".

Adri said...

I need a better pic of the whole thing when you walk in. Can you move the desk up to the bay window?? I love/hate bay windows. Our new house has them in the living room. They are beautiful but awkward.

cambersue said...

What if you put the desk on the wall to the left of the by window and like Amy said put a cool picture/painting on that wall above the desk...but it's kind of a big desk. It may be good to split it up... I'm can't tell if it would look funny on that side wall or not. Well, I'm gonna leave you with that brilliant advice...good luck!!