Wednesday, November 23

Inside of the house...

The super amazing kitchen. At least that's what everyone says when they come over. I have yet to see it. Maybe it's the counters moving every time you lean on them or the non-insolated back door or the grime on the floors or the mildew smelling attached half bath that's disillusioning me.






Front room. Cool stain-glass windows. I love the radiator cover that my lamps are resting on. But top fave? My garage shelves makin a debut in the dining room. Now that's city living ;-)













Toyroom. The closets are really really narrow. Only pegs fit inside, so all the rooms come equipped with these cool wardrobe things. The kids use this one as a reading nook. Hence the blue chair.








The one and only bathroom. There's only a shower, but it has the cool Euro shower head that makes it possible to shower/bathe the girls. Not too bad. Sad that the radiator doesn't have a cover in this room. And don't open the window - made that mistake a few days ago... doesn't exactly close.


My room is the only one with built in closets that actually fit hangers. Kinda why i picked this as my room. The upstairs rooms are bigger but no closets. The White builtin wardrobe with doors can't close because the hangers jut out a bit and the drawers on the lower part have false bottoms. Really funny actually. My dresser is the old changing table. But it works.




Hope you enjoyed the breif tour. The kids room is not depicted b/c Keely is taking a nap - all 3 share a room and they love it. Why didn't i think of it sooner? I could have had sooo many extra spare rooms in my old house!

4 comments:

Danica said...

Fun stuff! What city are you guys in?

Shaunna said...

That's like if we had stayed in our townhome in Ft. lauderdale with all four kids. Phew!
So, can we come stay with you when we visit Philly?
BTW, are you homeschooling Carter or did you find another solution?
I ended up buying a last year's model Asics shoe. Couldn't find a running store in Grand Junction, but it's working for me. My first 10K is a week and a half away!

Jamie said...

I've never lived in the city, but I have looked at numerous houses with similar characteristics--houses are just so old out here! I'm glad you are settling in....and don't you just love how close everything is?

cambersue said...

That'll work! I'm so excited for you to have new adventures, new friends, new food. You'll have to let me know if the "Philly Cheese Steak" is any better there. Happy exploring!