Tuesday, February 26

I should know better.



Of all the activities we plan for our A.M. hours, going to the pool ranks a close second (the Park will always be #1 for Carter, no matter how hot it gets). It being a bit on the warmer side ( 85 degrees), i chose for us to go the pool. And since our local complex pool is currently closed due to Health Code voilations (By the way, i just checked the sign again, and apparently it's because the pool guy needs a new "test kit". Something about Cholorine not being in the pool and the screw on the drain is missing. Ps: it's a Salt water pool, and the drain is a lock on device, not a screw. Translation - the Health Department sent an idiot to do the job.) we pooled hopped over to our friends in the neighboring complex.

Carter voiced his complaints against sunscreen and since it was still early in the day i didn't push it. But about an hour later he comes and says, "Mom, i need sunscreen." Wow, nice work kid. So i jump out and load him up. Just for safe measure, i put some on Avry too (like that kid ever needs sunscreen- she came with her own built in!).

So jump ahead a few hours... now i'm making dinner. Trev comes in and gives me a hug and says, "Whoa Mees... you go to the pool today?" How'd he know? "You got a lot of sun on your back!" Turns out i burned! It's February, i've lived in FL 3 years, and i'm Mexican, and here i am BURNED! I should have put sunscreen on when the Carter man felt it. I should know better.

Anyways.. once again, here's to Carter for calling the shots : Here's some pics of the kids this fall in the pool. I'll post more recent pool pics when i take them.

3 comments:

cambersue said...

ya, Carter needs to start telling me to put sunscreen on Dallin and Preslie! I can just hear him now, "Camber you really should be more responsible..."

Rural Dee said...

Wow, I'm just as surprised as you are that you burned! It must be the redheadedness in your genes.

P.S. I showed Collin the picture of Avry and said, "Look, it's Avry!" Collin said, "Avshshry!"

Adri said...

Meesa!! How cute is your family?? And how jealous am I that you can have an enjoyable time at the pool in February?? I hope you guys are doing well!