Maybe the rest of you have this problem or maybe the rest of you don't think this is a problem. But sitting still during Sacrament Meeting (at least before the actual Sacrament is passed) is very important to our family. Trev and i feel it helps promote self discipline and a respect for other people among other things. So today, wow. We really struggled. Carter was issued a warning, made his choice, and now is paying the consequence. But he's a clever kid. Hoping to butter me up, he cuddled with me during Sacrament (he should know by now that only works on dad, not mom.) and then in Primary (b/c i play the piano and he's in sunbeams, we're in there together) he said goodbye to me as his class was being dismissed. This wasn't just your typical goodbye : ( i usually don't get a goodbye at all!) he stood at the doorway and threw me his cheesiest grin, waved and then blew me a kiss. He hasn't done that since he was about 2 years old! I could tell Carter was pulling out all the stops. The poor kid still had to pay the consequence of his earlier decision. What more could i do?
In memory of his cute face (since i haven't seen it all afternoon) i thought i'd post this blog with a picture of him on one of his better days. Here's to Carter. Hope the day is better tomorrow, buddy.
5 comments:
Good job. In all of my relationships, I've been a firm believer in tough love and hard discipline. It makes them feel like they have to really earn my love.
- Adam
Yeah, it took me a really long time to earn his love. Like, almost a day.
-becki.
you're awesome. love the blog and will commence stalking!
Hey, good for you guys. We have a three year old in the front row (which I see because I'm the organist and sit on the front row also), who regularly stands on his head, with his feet propped up on the podium during the sacrament. His baby brother just wanders around aimlessly. It's nice to know that some parents still care about reverence.
But, just so you know, it's still a problem some time for Meghan. Every kid is different, but if usually he succeeds, you have an exceptional kid (or he has exceptional parents). I think both. Love you guys...
It's always a struggle... some days are better than others. Regan thinks she'll absolutely DIE if she doesn't bring something to do during sacrament meeting. She complains (she does a lot of that I notice) because she is just SO BORED... Such pleas usually fall on deaf ears. I say usually because Sharon caves faster than I do. All depends on how late Sharon was up the night before quilting. Dawson and Lauren do much better. Dawson tends to complain about Fast Sundays for some reason. He is of the firm option that unless he eats every meal he will simply waste away - position that I have a hard time swallowing.
Miss you guys..
Love Mikee
Avry looks like you.
Post a Comment