Tuesday, March 4

Reflexes


There we were, laying in bed, gazing longingly into each other's eyes. Suddenly a figure was airborne and flying into my peripheral vision. My eye twitched. Before i knew it, i was leaping across Trev's body in an effort to become airborne like my prey. With the reflexes of a tiger - NO! Two tigers! - i reach my arms, up and up, then: CLAP!!! i make contact. Hands still closed, my body finishes the trajectory leap by rolling off the bed; before coming to a stop i leap to my feet. Quickly, i open my hands to see what i've caught. Victory is mine! The pesky figure will not feast tonight. Trev, i just saved your life. The mosquito is dead.

5 comments:

Becki said...

tender. I certainly hope he appreciates your immense effort to protect him from harm.

Effie said...

Wow! I usually don't read people's blogs but yours actually entertained me! Congratulations! I must say that I've always been impressed by your mothering skills and can now add your cat like reflexes to the list of admirable qualities.

Cerny said...

you would

cambersue said...

i dont' even have anything funny to add...still laughing!

cambersue said...

wait...yes I do.

I know...right?! ha! ha!ha!