As many of you are aware, i am an AVID reader. And yes, i have read all the previous Stephenie Meyer books. Since August 2 i have felt tremendous pressure to read Breaking Dawn... A few days after the release a good friend from FL (Kara) called me to chat about the book. And then a few days after that Amy M. emailed me the same question. I have had several spoiler comments on goodread... the list goes on...
I am here to confess:
i am extremely ashamed to say i have not read Breaking Dawn.
I know, i know. How can i resist the pull these books have on me? i don't know. When i went to the grocery store this morning i held the shining cover in my hand. It could have been mine for a mere $13.70 (40% you know). I lovingly caressed the cover and casually flipped thru some pages (i would have read it right then, but its a high traffic area and i had my kids). The urge was resisted. I put the book down and went about my business. Since coming home and realizing that i have finished the huge stack of books i've been working on, i now wish i would have bought it. Then i remembered the library - perfect!
Grabbing my card i made a careful search for Stephenie Meyer online to reserve my spot... hold complete.
What number am i?
279.
Bummer.
There better be some fast readers out there or i won't see this book until next month.
2 comments:
It is ok, don't feel bad. I have not read any of them! Although I am boycotting them all, so it is a little different.
I pretty much can't stand all the mommy jabber about this whole hoop-la of a YA book.
I drew the line when our ward made an enrichment group that weekly meets called "Twilight groupies."
Barf.
You will most likely get called by the library sooner, rather than later. I heard that most libraries bought many books (some in the hundreds).
I think you should just go back to that grocery store.
Post a Comment