Friday, August 8

Whining


I recently switched my workout from running and lifting to pilates on the ball. Wow am i weak! When i do the routine i don't really feel "the burn" like i do running or lifting. A few hours later though... oooooh maaaann. Random things hurt: my ankles from having to point my toes; my wrists from supporting myself on the ground; inbetween my shoulder blades... the list keeps going. I know it should feel good, but it doesn't yet. And can anyone really do ALL the moves? I mean really do them? I fake about 1/2. Its really slow coming. There'll be one day where i can keep the ball over my head with my feet and legs straight at 90 degrees, and there's other days where all my legs want to do is bend. Or how about keeping your legs at 90 degrees with the ball inbetween, arms at your side while on your back and then bend your legs backwards over your head to touch the ground. What? hahaha. Still no go there. It sure looks cool though. Someone please tell me it gets better. I won't always be this weaksauce, right? Right? Anyone?

6 comments:

Nisha said...

Hey, I say High 5 for working out at home!! Of course it will get better. Stay in there! And let me know if you find any really fun challenges. I've been doing the 100 Pushup Challenge (along with lots of my family members). It's really fun to do it together. Check out hundredpushups.com. There's also a link on my blog, which I'm glad you found, because now I can read yours!

Unknown said...

I have the pilates ab workout and it does get better the more you do it.

ShelBailey said...

What??? Meesa isn't running anymore???

I have no experience with pilates, but most of that stuff is hard for me because I am so uncoordinated. Mom says she's constantly amazed when she hears me play the organ that I can do the pedals. LOL

However, I do know that ANYTHING gets easier as you practice. Hang in there!!!!!

B. Surfer said...

Still running - just varieying the workout scene a little bit. Trying to give the ol' knees a break.

Carter Crew said...

Pilates? Hard? No Way, even after C-Sections you should be fine...After the babies came Jary volunteered to do pilates with me every night. It lasted just long enough to realize we were in WAY over our heads...
PS. Lightning McQueen was the real deal. We went all the way to DisneyLand. It was a special Jack and Mom and Dad trip a few months after the babies were born. It was magical and I'd recommend it.

Adri said...

Pilates, eh? I'm looking for a baby-friendly workout and Tae Bo is getting really old. Which videos do you like best?