Friday, October 10

It's gonna get worse

Today is soo cold. Well, for me. I thought if i waited until 11 o'clock to take the kids to the park it would be ok. Yeah, right. FREEZING. Fog all morning, snow in the mountains. It's suppose to get to the low 60's today, but i've yet to see it.
Yesterday we went for a walk to the "tunnel" (it's the underpass of this trail and the road). It was around 5 pm and i was in short sleeves. Carter was in shorts and a t-shirt. The only one dressed mildly appropriate was Avry in longsleeves and jeans. But she wasn't wearing socks. The walk over was fine, but on the way home, with wet shoes (there's a river in the tunnel) and the sunny spots slowly fading, we were FREEZING!

Duh Meesa, it's October and you're not in Florida where it's a constant 80 degrees!

So i thought i was on the right track with sweatshirts and socks with longsleeves and short sleeves under that, for the park. Wow. Not even close. Next time i'm busting out the heavy coats and the beanies. This is getting ridicules. I should just continue with my isolation indoors. It's safter- and lots warmer.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

amen sister. i'm about ready to start my winter-long hibernation in my apt. Social life will have to wait until spring unless people are willing to come to my place.

The Staker Family said...

My sister and I took our kids for a walk at 10:00 yesterday, big mistake they froze, and I even put them in their winter coats. We are going to start doing step aerobics, our days outside are coming to an end again... Florida spoils people!

Unknown said...

Doesn't sound like fun. Hibernation is always a good thing, now that you will have a bigger house to do it in. :)

ShelBailey said...

I dont' do cold well, either. I don't remember having too hard of a time in Utah after the first winter, but we're up at Tahoe right now and the high's been about 40, and it's down in the 20's at night. Brrrrr

I vote for hibernation. The funny thing is, though, about next February it'll be 45 and sunny and ya'll be out thinkin' it's picnic weather. :0)

Chad and Kathryne Reed said...

He he.. just think of it as a good excuse to go out and buy a lot of terribly cute WARM clothes! :-)