A few weeks ago i was blog surfing and came across Mama Allred's. Molly made a fondant cake and it looked awesome! Since then i've been kind of obsessed with doing it. If a YW could do it why can't i? And i can't help but be influenced by the media... i watched "The Perfect Man" the other night. Hilary Duff's mom is a baker and makes the coolest fondant cakes. The movie reinstilled in me that i can do anything if someone else can do it. hahaha
It just so happened that Amy needed to make a dessert of some sort for a friend's birthday this weekend. PERFECT!! I quickly suggested we do a fondant cake. She asked if i'd ever done one before. Of course not. But i quickly give the agruement above, showed her the blog picture and she felt the same way. So what else could we do but give ourselves a quick tutorial on Youtube and then get to work?
All said and done? i couldn't be more proud. And for the record. Fondant isn't as hard as everyone makes it out to be. Thanks for the inspiration Molly.
It just so happened that Amy needed to make a dessert of some sort for a friend's birthday this weekend. PERFECT!! I quickly suggested we do a fondant cake. She asked if i'd ever done one before. Of course not. But i quickly give the agruement above, showed her the blog picture and she felt the same way. So what else could we do but give ourselves a quick tutorial on Youtube and then get to work?
All said and done? i couldn't be more proud. And for the record. Fondant isn't as hard as everyone makes it out to be. Thanks for the inspiration Molly.
15 comments:
Nice job!
Wow! Way to go motivation, curiosity, and You Tube! =)
Very impressive!
You have the greatest attitude!! What a beautiful cake!!
Love it! I would love to take a cake decorating class. But now I know all I need to do is watch youtube.
Awesome job!! I can't believe you did that!
That is awesome! I love it, I have always wanted to try to make one, you give me hope!
You should come this weekend and make Sam's birthday cake. :0)
Wow! That looks awesome! I have tried fondant once and it looked awful, but then again I didn't take a youtube course of study. next time that will be my plan of action. You have inspired me to try again!
I'm impressed! To answer your question from my blog. They were born on differnt days. Chloe actually shares Avry's bday. Yea I have 2 nieces with the same bday that will be easy to remember. ;)Ryder was born today 2/24. Unfortunately Chloe lives in San Diego and Ryder is here.
I'm proud of you kid! We should try to make one together sometime! Let's make sure we can give it away as well because that much sugar will kill me!!! ha, ha, ha!
Wow it's beautiful!!!
This is why I love you!! (Aside from being the world's greatest neice, of course..) You totally buy into two of my favorite theories: 'if THEY can do it, it can't be THAT hard' and 'if it's worth knowing, you can find it out on You Tube'.
As for the cake.. it's AMAZING!! :-)
Meesa, I am quite impressed. Wow! I don't know that I could do that.
that cake looks bomb-dot-com!
Post a Comment