Monday, March 2

Disclaimer: rambling about vacation

Just got back from the most awesome vacation i've ever had. Trev was able to put his name on the list for a Comfort Dental trip with corporate. We were taken up to the mountains for some awesome food, skiing, and great company. I don't have a lot of pictures... mostly to excited to remember to take them. But as soon as the girls email me the rest i'll post them.

First night was drinks and dinner (catered at the house by the most amazing CHEF!). Appetizers were fantastic - the spicy crab cakes were fabulous! Oops.. before we got there Trev and i got lost. We ended up in a completely different resort at some random condos. Don't get me wrong, the condos were beautiful, but nothing compared to the place we were actually staying. (once again... didn't get to sneak a photo in of that.) But here's the condos we thought we were suppose to be:

Corderillas was our actually resort. It's a stand alone house that could be a lodge, but of course it's a private residence. Amazing.

Friday being the first official day we were there, the girls all went to the spa and the boys went skiing in Vail. Apparently they were ushered into a private men's club for lockers and breakfast, etc. Wow i know. The girls. I feel equally lucky. We each got to pick 2 procedures to have done. I did a facial and a pedicure. The others did facials and a massage. Incredible. Remember that scandal a few years back with Coby Bryant and this employee at a spa? You know, the one where she claimed rape, but had a shady history? Coby's wife got a fat diamond out of the whole mess? Yea well, that's the spa we went too... we went to COBY BRYANT'S SPA!!! Here's a pic:

Can you believe i went inside and got to hang out in there?! We spent the entire day there being pampered out of our minds! I still can't believe they let me in.


When we all met up after our adventures we had drinks at the house the were taken to a private golf club where we were taking a sleigh ride on the golf course and then eating dinner afterwards. This wasn't just some cheesy sleigh ride. it was pulled by 4 horses. The poor horses had to stop several times for a break the sleigh was so heavy. Dinner at the club was incredible. Trev and i ordered this steak. Now... i've had steak before. I've had steak at what i considered to be a fancy spancy place before too, but those all pale in comparison. This trip has introduced us to a whole new level of eating out and quality of food that can be available to you if you just had the right amount of cash. WOW. Just our steak.. without the sides or soup or salads we had in addition to it was $90. !!!!! It was only 8oz a piece. The piece just melted like butter in your mouth. Mmmm. i can still taste it. Ok.. moving on.


The next morning (Saturday) we all went skiing together. I don't ski. I mean, i've never skiied for real in my whole life. Everyone else's skill ranged from mediocore to Awesome. we skiied Beaver Creek. I had to be shuttled over to my ski school while everyone else hung out on the other side of the mountain. Trev dropped me off and then went to join the rest. My day was incredible. Ski school started out with one instructor and about 9 people. They brought on another instructor and then split the group. I ended up with 5. One guy dropped out before lunch. (4 left) We eat lunch in the village at some fancy restaurant (included in the price of my ski school). About 10 minutes after lunch the whiner girl dropped out (3 left). After that things really moved along. We made it to the chair lift and were almost going to go up to the main lift. I think if we would have had 30 more minutes it could have happened. (the whiner girl took 30 minutes to learn to get up from her ski's when we practiced falling. I couldn't believe how lame she was about it. So i blame her. hahha. I hate whiners.) I brought my camera for this but learning to ski took a lot of concentration that i totally forgot until the end, but it was too late. oh well. just know i was awesome and next time i'm ready for Greens. :-)


After skiing we got to go on a SnowCat ride up the mountain to this restaurant called Beano's Cabin. WOW. First of all, we asked the employees - they have to either snow shoe into work or ski in- there are no roads to the restaurant. Second. The quality of food there isn't like anything any of us normal people have ever seen before - well, unless your uncle is Bill Gates or something equivalent. Unbelievable. We had to get a reciept from the Beano's in order to have our parking ticket validated (you park about 3 miles away, walk about 1/2 mile to the snowcat and then get the ride up the mountain.) Trev drove one of the cars, so we got a hold of one of the receipts. Now... i want you to try and guess the total for dinner. There were 17 of us, they went thru 4 bottles of wine, we each got soup, salad, appetizers, main meal and dessert. What do you think it was? I guessed $800. Trev guessed $1700. Scroll to the bottom to find the answer.


While we were waiting for our snowcat ride back down there was the cutest porcupine outside the front door! Apparently he's a regular. hahah. It was probably a dumb idea, but went right outside to say hi and took pictures.. here's one:



This is us buddled up during the snowcat ride:
Sunday was THE END.
Answer to dinner question: $2766.80 (That included a $390 tip)

8 comments:

Lawson Family said...

Holy Moly! Yeah, I don't even know what to say to that! I'm so glad you had great weekend of pampering and the rich and famous life! So, would you say you like skiing now?

Tami Allred said...

Cinderella on ski's!!! How fun!!!!
A young mom deserves something like this at least once in her lifetime. What a great fairy tale weekend.

Ok is that a real porqupine because it looks stuffed?

Unknown said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a funtastic vaca!! I'm jealous. I really need a vacation away. hehe

B. Surfer said...

Definitely a REAL porcupine.. he even brought a friend - i think he was on a date. hahaha

Nate and Kristen said...

Wow! I want to go on a trip like that! How fun!!!

Carree Sue said...

Okay...wow, what a trip..."lucky" (said in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice.)
By the way the porcupine was adorable, had I been there I most likely would have tried to pet it...and been mangled severely, haha.

Stephanie Black said...

Holy Cow! That is amazing. It sounds like so much fun and probably a much needed getaway. Glad to hear that you are enjoying all the pampering!

Aubrey said...

Wow! I am so happy for you that you were able to get away for an awesome vacation! I guess my cousin is treating you well ;)