Wednesday, April 1

I know i know.

My computer crashed. It's been awful. Who knew how attached i was to such a huge hunk of plastic? but it's true. I've gone to the library to check email and briefly view blogs. I've used the computer at Trev's office too. But really, it's not the same. There's so much to say. So i'm just gonna skip it all and start fresh.
I fixed my computer. Yes, all by myself. Not sure how i did it. Pushed a few buttons, but really i just have a lot of spare time. hahha. So far i've been up and online for a good solid hour. Last time we "fixed" it this week it only stayed up for 21 minutes. So far so good.
We got another car. The johnson's have become a two car family. It's white, kinda bigger, and i named it Hank after Hank McCoy of the X-men. You know, Beast. i won't tell you what it is. I'm not proud. It's practical, gets done what we need done so that's that.
Carter is officially enlisted in speech again. He starts April 10 at a satelite school until he starts kindergarten at his home school. The satelite school was the only one with an opening this late in the school year. But i'm excited he got in so easily (well, maybe i shouldn't be that excited. Guess i'm just glad the PROCESS was so painless.)
We had 75 degree weather for a solid week right before the computer crash, but for the last couple of weeks nothing but cold weather and snow storms. In fact. There's suppose to be one today. I hear the wind howling and see the first snowflakes, but nothing is sticking yet.
The best news? Carter now makes his own cheese crisps. Yes, in the microwave and everything. Takes a little longer than when i would do it, and it's a little bit messy. But let me emphasize that he does it ALL BY HIM SELF. He'll even make it for his sister if i ask. It's ideal. You should all try it.

8 comments:

Nisha said...

What's a cheese crisp?

Tami Allred said...

glad you're back up and running. I was wondering where you were?

MyFavoriteThings said...

Sorry to hear about you computer problems, they are the worst. I have been thinking about you. We we will be in Denver and Col. Springs the beginning of may and would love to get together if your around. - heidi

Debra and JD said...

sooo does this new car start with a "V" and end with an "an?" i've missed your posts, so you've probably been reading like mad. i hope your computer can hang on for a little longer huh?!

ShelBailey said...

I remember Mikey climbing up on the counter to nuke his hot dogs to death (he didn't like them unless they were exploded) when he was about Carter's age. Having somewhat self-sufficient kids is lovely.

Nice to hear from you and sorry to hear about your computer probs. But, apparently, you're a smarty pants if you got it going again, even if only for a bit.

Carter Crew said...

a. What are cheese crips and how do I teach independence?
b. Please tell me you have not succumbed to the "v" word for the "practical" aspect. You were my only hope. I can only blame Trev if you've fallen. You can't be held responsible for such a practical act.
c. How is it possible for you to type on the computer at the library with your kids in tow?
d. Your cake was amazing. How do you have time to make a cake with your kids in tow?

Patty Elsberry said...

Glad to see you back kid! we've been thinking about you.

Congrats to Carter for his achievement! I can't wait to see him cooking. -A handy trait to have- ha, ha, ha.

Trevor Johnson said...

'V' is for victory