Thursday, April 23

Welcome to Pradera

This is for my Florida girls.

We got a newsletter from our HOA yesterday stating this years POOL information.

Now think back to your pool days back in FL. You know, we get there about 8:30, bring whatever we want, wear whatever we want, stay for as long as we want. You get the idea. Pradera? Well, it has a gate code, you can't get in until 10am and there's life guards that we pay for. The best part? Safety breaks. Yup, you heard right: Safety Breaks. Don't know what that is? Well, let me quote for you,
"During open swim time, the lifeguard will announce a 15 minute break from the top of the hour to the quarter hour. During this time please re-apply sunscreen, re-hydrate your bodies, use the restrooms and have a break. Adults 16 and over are allowed in the pool for lap swimmnig during this break."
Every 45 minutes you have to get out of the pool for 15 minutes!!!!!
Another good one: "no inflatable devices are permitted in the pool (examples include: water wings, tubes, rings, rafts, blowup animals, etc) Flotation devices that are acceptable include noodles, swim trainers, non-inflatable life jackets and similar items as approved by the lifeguard."
hahhaahahahah hahahah . Oh boy. This is gonna be a fun, fun summer. i can already tell.

9 comments:

Shaunna said...

That sounds like such a pain. I should appreciate the easiness of swimming here in Florida. We've been wondering if we should try to find a house with a pool or just go for the community (neighborhood) thing. Maybe now we will find a house with our own!!

Mierzejewski said...

Well I know that some pools are trying to do that as well! Lucky we have our own pool, but I can't take three kids by myself, and its not heated, so last year I didn't swim as much as I would like! We will see about this year!

Keidi02 said...

wow sounds like one tight A place. I would probably make friends with someone ele and use their pool. I will say that Florida swimming was the best so, you really can only go down from there. -Heidi

Unknown said...

that's awesome. :p hahaha i'm glad that i don't have that problem. :)

cambersue said...

you have got to be kidding.....no way. well maybe you can make friends with the lifeguard or something and they'll ....i don't know. good luck with that! ha!ha! well looks like you're gonna have to come up with pre-swimming activities...10:00! wow!

Kristenjane said...

Wow crazy HOA!!!! The running skirt has little shorts attached, like really short spandex that breath really well, you should try one I love it!

Holly said...

Swim season has started here but our pool is being renovated LAME! Good thing the grandparents have a pool.
By the way I haven't checked the Amazing Race blog in weeks because I'm behind on my episodes and don't want any spoilers! Have you been writing on it? I think I'm just one episode behind now and it re-airs on Saturday so I'll be caught up then...it's almost the finale hu.

Keri Dawn said...

Wow. sounds like you live amongst the snooty, Meesa! You should come back to the ghetto where we have no pool rules!

kylee said...

My my my I didn't know that their were secrets to eating at in-n-out! Why is that? I only saw four things on the menu....double burger, cheeseburger, burger, and fries. Nothing about animals :)
So how long does your HOA think it takes to put on sunscreen? Sheesh! A 15 minute break every hour? Sounds a little overboard to me!