Wednesday, August 19

Garage Sale

Never in my life have i ever had an eye for bargain. Sales racks scare/annoy/leave-me-wanting-and-then-having-nothing. I can never, ever find what i want. Either it's not my size, hate the color, or i don't have THE EYE for seeing what i can do with it. Garage sales are worse. I definitely admire those who possess those skills, but sadly i don't think it's anything i can be taught. Ok, with that said.

We have been looking for a new bed and new dresser. With Duckie coming we don't have enough of either one for her to be accommodated. Looking at all sorts of places i haven't found anything i LOVE. I mean, if i'm gonna spend serious money on it, i should like it right? Yeah! Nothing. Then the other day, Trev comes home and says the gated community near our house is having a Community Yard Sale and i should go look for a bed and a dresser. Ugh. My heart sank. Really, you want me to go to a garage sale? Wouldn't you rather go? But of course the sale would be long over before he got out of work. Disgruntled, i piled the kids in the car and went hunting. The very last house produced a find. For $50 i got a dresser, matching headboard and mirror plus queen size bedframe. My inexperienced eye told me this was a deal, so i took it. Now what? Paint it black? Add silver handles? Done. Now it's in Carter's room.
Before/After

Carter's Room:
Before

After: (The dresser is still in the garage... being huge, doesn't really lend me muscle to move it up the stairs. And trev works ridicules hours - poor thing. Soon it will be relocated.)

6 comments:

Adri said...

Oh, Meesa. I'm glad you still have a use for all your signs. Haha - I'd forgotten about them! The dresser makeover is awesome.

Nisha said...

I'm with you on the garage sale shopping and shopping in general. Wish I had a personal shopper :) The dresser makeover is pretty darn impressive and it looks like good quality furniture too. What a steal!!

Stephanie Black said...

I'm so impressed with the dresser. Carter's room looks great. I like the new paint in the pian room too. So when is the new baby arriving???

Tami Allred said...

IMPRESSIVE!!! Love it. Way to go girl!!

Shaunna said...

Thank you so much for posting that. I have some things here that I have been wanting to paint and just haven't gotten to it. You have inspired me to follow through with my plans. I love the before and after, you did a awesome job. Now fly down to Texas and help me with mine....

Brianna said...

Wow, what a steal!